Cheap White Cabinets
SHERWIN-WILLIAMS finished kitchen cabinets ,Solid Wood Doors & Plywood Boxes,Soft Closing Hardware. FACTORY DIRECT 10'x10' Kitchens only $1400.
15 Creative Kitchen Backsplashes for the Adventurous-Cheap White Cabinets
Not a fan of white subway tile? Don’t fret. Cheap White Cabinets Look to custom and DIY options for creative backsplashes that are only limited by your imagination and budget. Of course, you’ll want to take into consideration your cooking habits, too. Cheap White Cabinets Those who fancy themselves amateur chefs and tend to have multiple splattering pans going at once might not be keen on a custom photography backsplash. But for the pop-it-in-the-microwave types, the more decorative options might make sense.
Here are 15 adventurous options that you — or your designer — may want to consider for your next kitchen backsplash.
1. Photography. Cheap White Cabinets An original photograph or print backsplash can fit with any style — and what a statement it makes. Consider using a family vacation photo or a blown-up detail of a single flower.
2. Salvaged boards. Cheap White Cabinets This is usually an easy material to source, and works great for those looking to add farmhouse style. Add a muted, soft color to the boards with a diluted paint, as shown here, or go bold with a few coats of fresh, bright paint.
3. Vintage bottle caps. Cheap White Cabinets Bottle caps create an interesting look suitable for a kitchen with vintage flair. Plus, they come in many colors, so you can customize the caps to fit with the rest of your kitchen color scheme.
4. Snow skis. Cheap White Cabinets Like the really unexpected? Salvaged downhill skis are a fun choice for a modern and funky or lodge-style kitchen.
Skis can be found at secondhand stores, Cheap White Cabinets garage sales and online. Coordinate the colors with your home or mix it up and add spice and a variety of colors with different skis. Fill in with tile pieces to make your skis go the distance.
5. Reclaimed barn wood. Cheap White Cabinets Though this material might not be best for the space right behind your range, it works great for other areas, such as a coffee station.
6. Antique mirrors. Cheap White Cabinets Standard square mirrors found at any local hardware store work for modern or traditional styles, and add a reflective quality that can visually expand the size of your kitchen.
If you’re not too keen on an overly polished look, try looking for aged mirrors with patina.
7. Magnetic chalkboard paint. Cheap White Cabinets There’s so much versatility with this option. If you don’t like the standard classroom look, you can customize your paint color and still get the benefits of having a magnetic chalkboard.
Plus, it’s easily applied. A foam roller and tape are practically all you need.
8. Clothing buttons. Cheap White Cabinets A button backsplash has the right look for this cottage-style kitchen, supplying a mix of textures and colors.
9. Pennies. Cheap White Cabinets While the backsplash shown here is made of ceramic tile sheets covered in copper, there’s no reason you can’t use real pennies to make your own similar version.
10. Copper metal sheet. Cheap White Cabinets This material was a good choice for this rustic modern bar area, with slightly pounded features that give the metal a worn look.
11. Mosaic pieces from broken china. Cheap White Cabinets Pieces of china and tile set the tone for this cottage-style kitchen. China can be found at secondhand stores, estate sales and garage sales. To save money, look for chipped or otherwise slightly damaged pieces that are marked down, which are perfect for this project.
12. Sliced corks. Cheap White Cabinets Many of us have a drawer or container full of wine corks just waiting for a good use. As a backsplash, they add warmth and texture. They’re great for a bar area in the kitchen.
13. Stained glass pieces. Cheap White Cabinets These round stained glass pieces add a funky, unexpected touch to this casual cottage-style kitchen.
Select sheets of stained glass in colors that coordinate with your space. Cutting the round pieces does take time, so a smaller area like over the range may be the best location for this project.
Tip: For a dynamic look, Cheap White Cabinets divide your backsplash into 50 percent 2-inch circles, 25 percent 1-inch circles and 25 percent
14. Wine crates. Cheap White Cabinets Salvaged wood wine crates also work great for a bar area. Call your local wine stores to see if they have any used crates you can pick up, or search online. Most boxes are not treated and can be stained to coordinate with other elements in the space.
Tip: Be gentle when taking apart wine boxes, as they split easily.
15. Tin tiles. Cheap White Cabinets A tin backsplash has a classic, timeless look but adds just enough shine for a modern feel. Tin tiles comes in different finishes, too, so if you really want to go modern with this material, try molded plastic panels, which allow you to paint the surface any color.